6.9 Sales Literature
6.9 Sales Brochure
Heir to a Legacy of Pursuing Perfection
Introduction, Timeline and photos of the new 6.9
The 6.9 Litre Engine
This powerful engine blends advanced technology with the precision of unhurried hand
The Hydro-pneumatic Suspension
This system represents a new generation in suspension design, replacing as it does the coil springs
and shock absorbers found on conventional cars.
Over three decades, intensive Mercedes-Benz safety engineering programs have resulted in the
more than 100 different safety elements incorporated into the 6.9.
Body and Chassis, Interior Dimensions, Engine, Transmission, Suspension, Tires and Brakes, Standard Features and Optional Features.
Paint Brochure for the 6.9, dated October, 1976.
Italian 450SEL 6.9 Brochure
Introduction and Technical Data in Italian. Photos of exterior, engine, tach/clock and light/cruise controls.
- BROCK YATES on 6.9
- Mercedes-Benz solicits Brock Yates for a no-holds-barred evaluation.
- MERCEDES-BENZ V8
- Chapter 5 of Mercedes-Benz V8 by F. Wilson McComb.
- MERCEDES-BENZ SINCE 1945 - VOLUME 3, THE 1970s
- A New Flagship
- Chapter 5 describes the 450SEL 6.9, by James Taylor.
- PRODUCTION MODELS
- Model 6.9 (1975-1980)
- Mercedes-Benz Production Models Book by W. Robert Nitske.
- BUYER'S GUIDE
- Model 6.9, 1975-1980
- Illustrated Mercedes-Benz Production Buyer's Guide by Frank Barrett.
- CAR and DRIVER - July 1977
- Mercedes-Benz Unleashes The Potent 6.9
- David E. Davis reviews the Fastest European Sedan.
- THE STAR - March/April 1990
- 1979 450SEL 6.9 - The muscle car from Stuttgart
- Dennis Adler photographs and reports on this feature car for MBCA's The Star.
- CLASSIC & SPORTS CAR - April 1999
- Best Saloons Ever
- A poll by Classic & Sports Car rates the best saloons ever.